2014: The Year in Review (and Preserving)
Posted on 01 January 2015
Well, I’m resolving (yet again)to blog more in the coming year. With a new job and a shorter commute!!, this resolution looks like it could be a reality (?).
But, first, let’s review what was popular in 2014. Yay for data! Like 2013, it’s the preserving posts that stand out. Last year, you were also into baking posts.
- Slow Cooker Vanilla Caramel Pear Butter: wins again!
- Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies: a dark horse (pun intended) makes an impressive showing.
- Slow Cooker Vanilla Rum Apple Butter: geez, the slow cooker is quite popular.
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies: these were super good. Since they’re (allegedly) healthy, they can fit right in with your healthy 2015 resolutions.
- Slow Cooker Spiced Maple Pumpkin Butter: boo, I forgot to make this again in 2014.
Even with all the work travel last year, I still managed to make 42 varieties and nearly 250 jars of preserves — mostly smaller batches. Should I be embarrassed or proud? Both?
- Cranberry Ketchup (January 2014)
- Spiced Carrot Ginger Chutney (February 2014)
- Strawberry Dried Fig Chutney (March 2014)
- Strawberry Dried Fig Jam with Port (March 2014)
- Double Strawberry Jam with Lemon (March 2014)
- Rhubarb Orange Jam with Ginger (April 2014)
- Strawberry Honey Jam (April 2014)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Lime (April 2014)
- Strawberry Port Barbecue Sauce (April 2014)
- Spicy Rhubarb Barbecue Sauce (May 2014)
- Caramelized Onion Jam (May 2014)
- Spicy Aprium Ketchup (May 2014)
- Strawberry Balsamic Pluot Jam with Rosemary (June 2014)
- Black Pepper Coriander Pluot Jam (June 2014)
- Pluot Vanilla Jam with Rum (June 2014)
- Blackberry Sage Jam (June 2014)
- Blueberry Butter with Port and Vanilla (June 2014)
- Blueberry Lemon Chili Jam (June 2014)
- Olallieberry Ketchup (June 2014)
- Olallieberry Balsamic Jam with Tarragon (June 2014)
- Olallieberry Onion Relish (June 2014)
- Tayberry Jam (June 2014)
- Tayberry Lemon Jam (June 2014)
- Tayberry Basil Jam (July 2014)
- Tayberry Jam with Rhubarb (July 2014)
- Olallieberry Jam (July 2014)
- Olallieberry Orange Jam (July 2014)
- Olallieberry Vanilla Jam (July 2014)
- Olallieberry Chutney (July 2014)
- Apricot Sauce (July 2014)
- Butterscotch Peach Jam with Vanilla (July 2014)
- Cherry Chutney (July 2014)
- Cherry Tomato Chutney (July 2014)
- Nectarine Butter with Brandy (August 2014)
- Salsa Verde (September 2014)
- Flanders Fig Jam (September 2014)
- Tomato Salsa (September 2014)
- Spiced Fig Jam with Orange (October 2014)
- Spiced Apple Butter with Brown Sugar (October 2014)
- Spiced Tomato Jam with Jalapeno (November 2014)
- Tomato Jam with Basil and Tarragon (November 2014)
What should I make this year?